[bactttoma] Re: have people ever heard of cutting back their trees

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:18:47 +1000

Ok I am sitting in an office with somebody here and he says this is a brilliant
solution you have posted.

Apologies, I showed him your solution, only because some of these trees are on
nature strips but have totally overgrown the footpaths.

Now he's saying he's going to do a letter box and door to door drop and he's
going to put in all local papers, the Herald Sun and the Age and on the Melton
Shire website as well.

He says he can't use your exact words, but he loves this solution so he wishes
to give dredit where credit is due.

At any rate, Peter is his name and he's new here, but he says he's determined
to leave no stone unturned and no offending branches uncut and I'm giving him
the benefit of the doubt, because the last bloke did nothing and he's been
there for 7 years, so maybe this time, something will actually happen.

Peter says that to overcome the problem of owners living in other Shires, he is
able to contact them via letter and he's writing it up just now.

Good thing is he's the most senior manager of this department, so this gives us
some real clout regarding this matter.

On 07/04/2010, at 10:52 AM, Franklin Brent wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well you raise an interesting point here. I'm not sure it is actually up
> to the shires to cope with these trees. Sure if they are on a nature
> strip then the shire must be the ones to cut them back. My shire takes
> care of all trees on nature strips, but not the one's growing in a
> person's front yard. They will however if you complain about one to them
> contact the owner of the house.
>
> Only problem with this, is many owners rent out there houses, so don't
> even live in my shire. Well I fixed the problem, I spoke to a couple of
> neighbours telling them how  hard this problem can be at times. Sure
> enough the people I spoke to weren't those with trees causing me a
> problem.
>
> As I sed these are neighbours of mine, and amazingly although there own
> trees weren't a problem, amazingly enough all trees in my street ended
> up being fixed. I wondered how this had happened, and found out that 3
> of my neighbours had gone up the street not only removing offending
> branches, but also removing some that soon would grow in to problem
> one's. They also stuck notes in the mail boxes of the houses, informing
> them of the action they'd taken, and made it very clear if they had to
> come back, they'd loose more than a few branches of there trees.
> Actually big hunks of there trees.
>
> As a result, the hole block of streets where I live are fine, and have
> been for years. I couldn't thank my neighbours enough. All this took
> place while I was at work, and now everyone is aware of such a problem,
> so they all keep there trees from offending,
>
> Brent.

Use "subscribe"
welcome message again or
will give you more