[bactttoma] Re: have people ever heard of cutting back their trees

  • From: "Franklin Brent" <BFranklin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 10:52:40 +1000

Hi,

Well you raise an interesting point here. I'm not sure it is actually up
to the shires to cope with these trees. Sure if they are on a nature
strip then the shire must be the ones to cut them back. My shire takes
care of all trees on nature strips, but not the one's growing in a
person's front yard. They will however if you complain about one to them
contact the owner of the house.

Only problem with this, is many owners rent out there houses, so don't
even live in my shire. Well I fixed the problem, I spoke to a couple of
neighbours telling them how  hard this problem can be at times. Sure
enough the people I spoke to weren't those with trees causing me a
problem.

As I sed these are neighbours of mine, and amazingly although there own
trees weren't a problem, amazingly enough all trees in my street ended
up being fixed. I wondered how this had happened, and found out that 3
of my neighbours had gone up the street not only removing offending
branches, but also removing some that soon would grow in to problem
one's. They also stuck notes in the mail boxes of the houses, informing
them of the action they'd taken, and made it very clear if they had to
come back, they'd loose more than a few branches of there trees.
Actually big hunks of there trees.

As a result, the hole block of streets where I live are fine, and have
been for years. I couldn't thank my neighbours enough. All this took
place while I was at work, and now everyone is aware of such a problem,
so they all keep there trees from offending,

Brent.