[bactttoma] Re: accessible applications

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 20:39:27 +1000

Well, let's assume you are only burning legal stuff, that is in my view you
burn stuff you bought legally off the net or at the store.

First, if you are doing this, you shouldn't have any trouble with accessing the
files.

As for apps as you put it, it's going to depend what you want to do.

If you're just burning stuff, I've heard and I'm not sure of the spelling I
think it's called nero works with most screen readers.

Of course, if you got a laptop with a burn program, some work better than
others.

Steer clear of dvd maker it's totally useless and inaccessible.

Now if you're looking for recording software there's a free one for windows
called audasity or audacity check for both spellings.

For Mac users like myself there's hijac which is brilliant and garage band
which is quite useful.

Now for playing, well there's everything from winamp to windows media player to
real player to itunes and the list goes on.

Now if you are downloading off the net which in my opinion is legal well if
it's not then there are billions of us doing it every day, you should go to
trusted sources.

Limewire and frostwire are hopeless, bigpond is good even though it takes ages
to get through all the rubbish to get what you want.

www.utorrent.com is good, not sure if it works with Jaws, but does work with
voice over for mac.

itunes is very good for music and movies and you can even rent them from itunes
now.

You don't need sighted assistance with itunes and yes it works with Jaws
version 11 and if you need any help with setting up an account, drop me a phone
number and I'll talk you through the process.