[bactttoma] Your on list comments appreciated here is a draft copy of the letter I and the Melton Shire are putting in letter boxes regarding offending tree branches hanging over front fences on to footpaths

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:45:15 +1000

Dear Residents.

My name is Steven Taylor a person who is totally blind living in Phillip Street
Melton south.

I am writing this letter to please kindly request that the tree branches
hanging over your front fence on to and over the footpath be immediately cut
back please.

These branches are an extremely dangerous obstacle for people who are blind
like myself and in many cases where branches are over hanging, I am left with
the only choice being that I have to go out on to the road to negotiate the
over hanging branches.  This choice is also extremely dangerous because of
oncoming traffic and in some cases parked cars on the side of the road or the
nature strip.

Could I please kindly request that you or the owners of your property please
kindly remove all offending branches immediately please?

If you or the owners of this property do not comply with this request, it is
regrettable to inform you that unavoidable and further action will be taken
including removing the branches which are offending at cost to you or the
property owners.

To avoid unnecessary costs and further action being taken, I would please
kindly request that you please kindly remove any and all offending over hanging
branches immediately please.

By removing these offending branches you will make our footpaths safer and more
accessible for everyone  and not just for people who are blind.

Thank you kindly for your immediate cooperation regarding this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Steven Taylor.

Contact Information.

Name.  Steven Taylor.

Mobile.  04 07 307 111.

Email Addresses.

Home address.

Unit 11 44-50 Phillip Street
Melton South Victoria 3338 Australia

If you are writing to me please use typed print and not hand written
correspondents so as I am able to scan it on my scanner please.

Civil Celebrant.

Steven Taylor.