[bactttoma] Victorian Rail Tram and Bus Union campaign news

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:20:13 +1000

The Victorian Rail Tram and Bus Union is asking the Victorian State Government
to employ an extra 300 staff to man currently unmanned train stations and tram
and bus zones around the Melbourne Metro Area.

Of course, this is nothing but a political stunt really, the State Government
doesn't have the money although they seem to be able to find money for a
daughter of Carl Williams to go to a private school, go figure.

Anyway, the union wants these staff employed immediately or as soon as the
State Government can possibly manage it.

No ideas from the union as to where these people will come from, and nor is
there any mention of training them or what they will do apart from making it
look like the stations tram zones and bus zones are safer and well, heaven
forbid more accessible.

I am not a member of any political party, the last liberal government we had
here made a right mess of the whole transport system and the current labor
party hasn't done anything to fix it, so both as bad as one another.

Next Tuesday I am having a meeting with the current Victorian transport
minister and his opposition counterpart, I'm not expecting much, but will
report on how these meetings go on this list at any rate.