[bactttoma] Victorian Country Fire authority and Vision Australia have now put the fire ready kit in accessible formats

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip-l list freelists <vip-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:00:19 +1000

Hi folks.

Congratulations and most sincere thanks to the Victorian Country Fire authority
and Vision Australia for putting the bush fire ready kit in accessible formats.

You can have these files in mp3 or daisy formats, note, both organisations can
send these formats to you.

If you want these files, and no, you won't need sight to carry out all the
useful tips and no you won't need sighted assistance at all times either, here
is how to get a kit.

You can call Vision Australia on 1300847466 or 1300654656.

You can call the Country fire Authority Victoria on 1800240167.

You can download it from www.cfa.vic.gov.au although it's a huge file so I
would advise the 3 disks option.

My only small complaint, note, this isn't a whine, or complaint, or gripe was
that the note accompanying the disks I got from the Victorian Country  fire
Authority wasn't accompanied by a braille version, although the note was in
large print, which was extremely easy to scan.

Again congratulations to both organisations on this matter, and my sincere
thanks for making this important and useful information accessible.

Cheers.

Steven Taylor.

To Leave bactttoma send an email to:
bactttoma-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx