[bactttoma] Ipad. My first impressions.

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 15:37:37 +1000

From Steven Taylor.

Oh dear! Here Steven goes again, please, this definitely isn't an apple marketing email.

Thanks to a neighbour, I got to play with an Ipad today and I seriously can't wait until I am able to buy one for myself.

To get voice over working, all I did was connect it to my Mac, went to universal access, went to the Ipad and asked for voice over to be turned on.

After that, and I wasn't surprised, it was totally accessible and user friendly.

I sent myself an email, and it worked seamlessly, reading everything back. I then used the Ipad to reply again, it was easy to do.

I connected it to my wireless router, went to safari and did some browsing and was amazed at how fast the sites came up.

My neighbour went for the 64 gig 3gs wireless model.

My neighbour is allowing me to play around for the rest of today so I'm going to see what else the Ipad can do and how well it does it.

To save vip-l a lot of on list traffic, I am happy to answer any further questions off list.

To Leave bactttoma send an email to:
With "unsubscribe" in the subject or body of the message (without the quotes). Use "subscribe" instead if you want to re-subscribe to bactttoma. Use "info" to get your welcome message again or use "faq" to get the FAQ with the list guidelines in detail. These requests will give you more information on other commands like setting digest and vacation modes.