[bactttoma] Re: I will not be able to write or monitor this list most of Friday

  • From: "Franklin Brent" <BFranklin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:22:20 +1000

Hi Steve,

I will be thinking of you on Friday,

Brent/.

-----Original Message-----
From: bactttoma-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bactttoma-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of steven taylor
Sent: Wednesday, 7 April 2010 2:15 PM
To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bactttoma] I will not be able to write or monitor this list
most of Friday

Hi folks.

The funeral for my mother is happening on
Friday.  No, I am not the celebrant for this one.

One reason is I'm not sure that I am going to be able to stop crying,
another is legally I can't anyway for this funeral.

I am turning every single device off on Friday, and won't be able to
write or monitor this list.

It's in good shape, so I'm not expecting complete disaster.

I am also turning off all telephones for the day as I am sorry to say, I
need a day for me, and again I am sorry if that sounds rude or selfish.

Just to let you know what's happening.

Ok the funeral is being held here at a church in Melton and is an
invitation only affair.

This was the only way to do this, because the church is small so we had
to choose carefully who was going.

The only fortunate thing out of all of that was nobody who isn't going
has complained to myself, my Dad or my Daughter, but of course, we don't
have super big ears to hear what they say outside our presence.

The funeral takes place at 10.30 on Friday morning.

There will be 3 speakers.

My father, my daughter and myself.

My mother is going to be cremated according to her wishes.

As we go in to the church, we're playing a song called looking forward,
looking back by Slim Dusty.

Once we're all seated the celebrant reads the welcome message.

Amanda is then invited to light candles for my mother and my wife and
the service begins.

Photographs of both are given to the assembled congregation.

The celebrant gives a brief history.

I have to say, we found this part hard, there was so much to say.

Ok my father speaks first.

After he has finished, the celebrant invites me to speak.

I speak, then the celebrant plays amazing grace.

Then Amanda speaks, and boy the tears are dripping already because it's
a beautiful speech she's written.

We sit down again and a song called True Blue from John Williamson is
played.

Whilst Mum was born in England, this was one of her favourites of songs.

The celebrant then invites anyone else to speak, we're not expecting
anyone to do so.

The celebrant then says the Lord's prayer over my mother and closes the
service.

The family leaves first, waits out the front to thank guests.

Whilst we leave a song is played called time to say goodbye  by Andrey
Pachelli.

We then go as a private family and witness the final cremation act.

At this final act, the lord is my shepherd is played by me on a trumpet.

Hope I don't cry and can't continue.

After this is over, everyone is meeting at my place for the traditional
wake.

Amanda formally welcomes everyone and food and drinks are served.

No idea how long this will go on for.

Everyone is bringing flowers and we have a huge collection of cards and
there is a book for all guests to sign.

We are not keeping my mothers ashes, Dad doesn't like this idea, and we
agree with him.

So I will be drinking alcohol at the wake, and I'm  not exactly sure
what sort of fit state I'm going to be in to monitor the list.

I will let the list know on Saturday after I recover from a hang over
how things went.

Oh forgot to mention, we're giving all guests a dvd of the funeral
service.

Well, thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers and everything else.

Cheers.

Steven Taylor.

With "unsubscribe" in the subject or body of the message (without the
quotes).  Use "subscribe"
instead if you want to re-subscribe to bactttoma.  Use "info" to get
your welcome message again or
use "faq" to get the FAQ with the list guidelines in detail.  These
requests will give you more

General information about bactttoma, ways to join, leave and set options
is at:

CAUTION: This email and files included in its transmission
are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may
contain information that is confidential and privileged.
If you receive this email in error, please advise us
immediately and delete it without copying the contents
contained within. Woolworths Limited (including its group
of companies) do not accept liability for the views
expressed within or the consequences of any computer
viruses that may be transmitted with this email. The
contents are also subject to copyright. No part of it
should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the
written consent of the copyright owner.