[bactttoma] Fw: sad passing.

  • From: "adam morris" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "members" <members@xxxxxxxxxx>, <vip-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:45:29 +1000

Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:25 AM
Subject: Officially from Nuance

Dear All,

It is with regrettable sadness that I am having to write to you to confirm
that Marcus Groeber has confirmed to me the sad news to which we've been
discussing.

Aged 47 years, Torsten Brand sadly passed away during a routine operation
yesterday.

At this stage very little else is known other than to say the obvious;
Torsten alongside Marcus were true pioneers in the world of accessible
technology for the blind community. Much is owed to their efforts and
activities spanning the past decade and we all have much by way of
appreciation owing to them both.

Torsten was a genuine and inspirational individual who will be missed by us
all.

If further information is forth coming I will pass this on to you.

Regards.

Neil Barnfather
TalkNav

You received this message because you subscribed to the Accessible Phones Discussion List.

If you don't want to receive messages from this list anymore, just send a blank e-mail to:

With "unsubscribe" in the subject or body of the message (without the quotes). Use "subscribe" instead if you want to re-subscribe to bactttoma. Use "info" to get your welcome message again or use "faq" to get the FAQ with the list guidelines in detail. These requests will give you more information on other commands like setting digest and vacation modes.