[bactttoma] From the foxtel team. Regarding: Our download player on the Mac

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 09:57:32 +1000

From:  The Foxtel Team.

Dear Steven.

Foxtel are pleased to announce in cooperation with Apple that we will be launching a fully accessible download programs player for the Mac version 10 operating system on August 1 2010.

The player which only previously worked with windows operating system will be accessible for all Mac version 10 operating systems and technical support advises me that the player will be fully accessible with the voice over screen reader apple uses for all of its current Mac operating system version 10 computers.

At this time, foxtel wishes to advise that our player doesn't work with some windows based screen readers, however foxtel has made official contact with a company by the name of freedom scientific in our efforts to make our download player friendly for all of freedom scientific screen reading products.

At this time, we are unable to give an exact date for this accessibility, however, it is hoped we will have a fully accessible version of our player for all of the freedom scientific screen readers by the end of 2010.

We also wish to ask all Foxtel subscribers who are blind or who are vision impaired to call us on 131999 and speak with our feedback section as to ways we can improve the foxtel.com.au website.

We are particularly interested in hearing how we can make the remote record online programs section more accessible.

Foxtel also advises that we have been advised by apple that the remote record iphone application is now fully accessible for all iphone users, however, we are conscious not all Foxtel subscribers who are blind and or vision impaired use an iphone, so we are wishing to make genuine attempts to make our foxtel.com.au website more accessible and more user friendly.

We suggest all Foxtel subscribers who are blind and or vision impaired please call us on 131999 and ask to speak with our feedback section about any problems and or difficulties they are currently encountering with the accessibility to our foxtel.com.au website.

We will take absolutely all feedback extremely seriously, so please feel free to call us on 131999.

As for i q accessibility matters, it is unfortunately regrettable to say we are a long way off a fully talking i q with full talking menus at this stage.

We thank you and all other foxtel subscribers who are blind and or vision impaired for making us here at foxtel aware of all accessibility and or inaccessibility related issues, and we look forward to receiving any and all feedback regarding this matter.

Kind Regards.

Andria Duglass.

Foxtel Team.

ps.  From Steven Taylor.

Folks I don't know if this player will work with ausstar subscribers as yet but I am waiting for correspondents regarding this.

To Leave bactttoma send an email to:
bactttoma-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
With "unsubscribe" in the subject or body of the message (without the quotes). Use "subscribe" instead if you want to re-subscribe to bactttoma. Use "info" to get your welcome message again or use "faq" to get the FAQ with the list guidelines in detail. These requests will give you more information on other commands like setting digest and vacation modes.

To post to bactttoma, send email to:
bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

//www.freelists.org/list/bactttoma

steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx