[bactttoma] From Steven Taylor. Amazing what you find when you start to dig around. My first high school braille letter to my parents.

  • From: taylor family <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 15:48:14 +1000

From Steven Taylor.

I would love to share this letter with you.

It was written in my first year of high school and found it today.

I have edited 2 sentences.

Dear mum and Dad.

I am writing this letter to you from the school camp we are having down here in
Ocean Grove.

I asked my teacher if she could send this letter to you and she said she would
get the visiting teacher to write it out in print so you can read it.

Camp is great.  We snuck in to the girls cabin and I got slapped across the
face by a girl I don't know her name.

The teacher told me off and I got told if I do this again, I was going home.

I said I wouldn't do it again.

Apart from doing this last night, I am keeping out of trouble.

The activity officer they got for me is Bill and he is really good.

He helped me with darts and with fishing and today we are shooting arrows.

Tomorrow we have a whole day walking trail and Thursday, there is horse riding.

Do you remember when I first rode a horse how scared I was.

I thought I would fall off.

The teacher is helping me with some words so as you can read my spelling.

Mrs. Stewart is a nice teacher after all.

She is helping me now.

I don't talk much with the boys I am sharing with, though Danny was one of the
boys who snuck in the girls cabin with me.

Food is terrible and I miss Mum's cooking.

Tom laughed at me because I mucked up buttering bread.

I ignored him Dad just like you told me.

I have to go now.

The teacher Mrs. Stewart will make sure  this letter is sent to you as soon as
it has print for you to read.

Love you both.

Steven.

To Leave bactttoma send an email to: