[bactttoma] From Amanda Taylor. I don't know if this is a new digital station but here it is.

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 13:47:04 +1000

From Amanda Taylor.

ABC music extra is now on your digital radios and there was no need for a scan,
although it doesn't hurt now and then.

You will need a scan in July for a new multi plexer coming to digital radio.

I have some news regarding this and it is reliable.

The new multi plexer is for the existing capital cities and allows community
stations to go digital.

You can be sure stations like rrr and pbs melbourne stations will go digital
sometime after July this year.

For Sydney people I hear 3 stations will go digital as soon as they can but
don't know which stations.

Adelaide people can expect their christian station to go digital and have a
second channel.

Brisbane residents can expect their dance station at least to go digital.

Perth listeners will be overjoyed to hear nothing is planned that I have heard
of but don't be surprised if Sunshine makes the transition.

Maybe next year or in a few years, I will be sitting in Melbourne listening to
5aa or 2gb and on digital radio and without the internet.

The stations make noises this won't happen but don't be surprised at anything.

It's possible that's for sure.

Amanda.