[bactttoma] Exciting Digital Radio News.

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:08:51 +1000

Hi folks.

Here is some exciting and reliable digital radio news and information for you.

A new multi plexer will be on the digital frequency as of Monday September 20 2010. Please note. This date is subject to change.

It is at this point you should definitely scan your digital radio for the new transmitter.

Stations are expected to start transmitting as of this date in the currently existing digital radio areas.

Most community stations will have a digital signal by November 2010 there are a couple of hold ups here, pbs and Vision Australia seem to be dragging their feet on this but most are ready to go now.

Sunshine fm is also holding up the process as is a Fremantle based community station.

Reliable information suggests Geelong, Newcastle, Woolengong and the Goldcoast and Sunshine coast will go digital signal as of August 2011.

There is still much debate within the industry as to what people in these areas will get as digital stations, but people can at least be assured you will definitely get all of the current abc and sbs stations.

Sen assures me although I am still in serious doubt they will have a new digital sports station in August this year, so we'll have to wait and see on this one.

the abc is pushing the Federal government for them not to share the current multi plexer they use with sbs, as they wants more digital stations and at this time, there is not enough space.

The abc are desperate to have a station like bbc7 in the U K.

Personally, can't see why they don't simply use abc extra for this and find another space for extra to come back later on.

Tasmania are still resistant to digital, don't know why, perhaps they could tell us because it doesn't make any sense to me.

If I get news about a date change, I will pass it on.

Canberra will be fully digital as of July 2011.

Cheers.

Steven.

With "unsubscribe" in the subject or body of the message (without the quotes). Use "subscribe" instead if you want to re-subscribe to bactttoma. Use "info" to get your welcome message again or use "faq" to get the FAQ with the list guidelines in detail. These requests will give you more information on other commands like setting digest and vacation modes.