[bactttoma] Be extremely alarmed what the abwa hasn't told you about its exclusive bookshare agreement.

  • From: taylor family <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip-l freelists <vip-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 20:49:05 +1000

From Steven Taylor.

For everyone who pays the Association for the Blind of Western Australia a fee
to fully access bookshare, be alarmed, be extremely alarmed, here is something
the ABWA doesn't want you to know but is a fact.

For everyone outside of WA who elects to pay for the full bookshare access, the
ABWA will receive extra Federal and WA State government funding.

In short, this will then mean other services providers including the majority
state service providers for example Vision Australia may get a smaller Federal
and or State government funding allowance since WA ABWA can argue it has extra
clients on its books, even if they only get exclusive bookshare access and
absolutely nothing else.

Where are you BCA and why on earth are you not complaining about this?

Since this will also in short mean you will get less funding from Federal
government and state governments since ABWA can legally argue it is now
entitled to funding for servicing clients even though some of them live outside
WA and they are paying for full access to bookshare through one exclusive state
agency who is only servicing one state in the majority but entitled to claim
the extra funding through inflated statistics through its exclusive
arrangements with bookshare for so called full access?

Absolutely no doubts, bookshare is not to blame for this one they can legally
argue it is not their problem.

Of course, I a sensible person will take the partial access route, since I
already pay enough federal taxes to fund the ABWA and I don't intend to pay an
agency whose only intention is to inflate its own statistics for more
government funding than it is entitled to since its primary aim is to
exclusively service blind people in one state of Australia only.

Not that there is anything wrong which this aim and objective, I just simply
don't see why there seems to be the need here for what I would plainly call
double dipping on account of a so called exclusive agreement to fully access
bookshare, when I can partially access it without the double dipping angle
thrown in to the bargain.

Steven Taylor.