[bactttoma] Audacity now available for all computer operating systems.

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 09:09:26 +1000

What is audacity?

It's a fully fledged fully professional and what is more completely free completely accessible and completely user friendly audio editor and audio recording and audio play back program.

It records, edits, plays back, mixes, remixes, any audio recording and what's more in absolutely any currently available audio format your computer can access and or play.

What's more, it's completely free to download, completely free to install, the upgrades and updates are also completely free, and yes definitely works with Jaws, Window Eyes, Zoomtext, Magic, System Access, n v d a, thunder and not to mention, completely accessible with a Mac using voice over screen reader as well.

Now available for windows xp all versions, vista all versions, windows 7 and all versions of Mac os 10, audacity is in my opinion simply the best audio editor and did I mention that it's completely free?

You can record individual tracks, add new tracks to individual tracks, mix multi tracks, edit out all background noise, connect your computer to a mike, import sounds, create your own, remix recordings, play back individual tracks separately, play multi track recordings, and import sounds from cassettes, cd's dvd and the internet and anywhere else as well.

You can create your own ring tones for just about any mobile phone on the market, save the files in just about every audio format you can think of, play just about any audio format you can think of, and what's more, compress the files so as you can share them with your friends, or with facebook and or any other social website out there today.

Not only that, you can import ringtones from your mobile phones, add extra sounds to them and yes you can also make your own podcasts and publish them anywhere including itunes.

If there is a better and more accessible and more user friendly and completely free audio editor out there, well, I haven't come across it yet, audacity clearly wins the audio editing programs war hands down.

Audacity is completely free, completely user friendly completely accessible and yes, even first time users can use it without knowing a whole lot about the actual technical specifics of actually editing your next audio project.

If you want tech info, the help section is excellent, and or write to me if you're a Mac user as Mac is my personal preference, although I can give you a few tips to get you started.

All menus are completely accessible, there is no image verification needed to sign up to the email newsletter should you want to sign up to that, and the online support section is also completely accessible.

So if you want an audio editor and you want to play around with a program which will do no harm to your computer whatsoever and see if you can create your very own audio project, audacity is hard to pass up really.

You can download the fully accessible and completely free version for your operating system at the following website.

Just select your operating system from the links, download the program, install it, agree to the terms and conditions of the licence, and audacity will become something you will simply love just to play around with, even if you have no intentions of publishing any of your own audio projects.

What's more, it's completely free, simple to delete if you get sick of it just remember however, if you delete the program and you have not saved the projects as another audio format, they won't work as they were created by audacity in the first place.

I just may send this list an audio project in mp3 format so as you can hear the excellent quality this program has the potential of producing.

To Leave bactttoma send an email to:
With "unsubscribe" in the subject or body of the message (without the quotes). Use "subscribe" instead if you want to re-subscribe to bactttoma. Use "info" to get your welcome message again or use "faq" to get the FAQ with the list guidelines in detail. These requests will give you more information on other commands like setting digest and vacation modes.