[bactttoma] Accessing pdf files using Windows with Jaws, Window eyes, System Access and nvda screen readers this is not for me this is for the Shire of Melton who would like to know please

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Freelists VIP-L <vip-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 12:57:12 +1000

Hi there folks.

I have been asked by the Melton Shire on what needs to happen for their pdf
files to be made accessible with Windows using Jaws, Window Eyes, System Access
and nvda screen readers.

They are aware of Vision Australia and will be contacting them regarding these
matters however, I would also like to know not because I use Windows or these
screen readers myself, but would like to know please what solutions people are
currently using both for myself and for the Melton Shire who definitely want to
make everything accessible.

The Shire are working at putting their files in other alternative formats, and
I am assured of this, however, they also want to make sure they can and are
able to make their pdf versions of their files totally accessible for as many
people as possible please.

So please, if anyone is using a solution to make your pdf files accessible and
we would gratefully appreciate some paid and some free solutions regarding this
matter please, could I please then kindly ask for these solutions to be sent to
me please, so as I can both show and demonstrate these solutions with the Shire
together with Vision Australia please.

In appreciation I give my most sincere thanks for you're continuing help and
patience regarding this matter.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Steven Taylor.