[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet PanSTARRS briefly seen

Jimmy (and others...)   Here is a post I put on EVACONLINE tonight. I cannot
include the image (not allowed), but it is in the article.
The table (below) seems valid).

There was a good write up today on trying to see comet PanSTARRS over the
next many days.
The full article is here:
http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/10/17258886-comet-pan-starrs-is-clo
sest-to-sun-today-see-it-at-sunset?lite

There is also a nice pictorial of where you should be able to see it….
About 40 min past sunset (or about 7:00 PM).
I double checked the placement with the data I have in TheSkyX and it
matches…
Interestingly, the moon will be a good “guide”… (starting on March 12).

Tonight at 7:00  262 degrees az                  6 degrees elevation
Downward movement with tail rising upward
03-11                     264                                         7
03-12                     267                                         8
03-13                     269                                         9
03-14                     272                                         10
03-15 (Fri)            274                                         11
03-16 (Sat)          277                                         11

This comet is going to appear at dusk(ish) very low in the west, and then
continue its downward journey (with our horizon)…
I think I read that today or tomorrow is the closest to the sun, and
brightest (expected) and it should dim some with each passing day.

Happy comet hunting to those that are going to try.

David M. Douglass
dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (secondary)
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (main)
Cell  (602) 908-9092