[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet PanSTARRS briefly seen

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:45:55 -0700

Great report Brent (your cluster is still evil ;-)). Your visual observation
is excellent (what did I expect from a professional astronomer? :-) ) and a
near identical verbal description of what Sam Rua's image appears to show as
well. No joy from Glendale this evening but from what is being reported, and
shown it looks like I need to find a spot with a less obscured western
horizon.  I have a flat open, mile long field about a mile north of me to
try from tomorrow night. This could be a fun little comet.

Thank you,

Jimmy Ray