[avevalbook] Re: Robert's book project

  • From: "Bruce P. Burrell" <bpb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avevalbook@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 00:42:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 18:02 -0800, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon &...:

2.  We need a workable collaboration technology. Last time I looked at
googledocs, it seemed rather clumsy and limited. Maybe it is better now.

We've been trying Google Docs with the local ISMS group, and it is a huge admin

I'd recommend email.  Based on text.

Hear hear. We can even claim that it's "best practice", much though I loathe that phrase.

Formatted versions can come later -- much later. Some value in version tracking/compare-merge and all that, and surely for tables and images. But text first.