[avevalbook] Re: Robert's book project

  • From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade@xxxxxxx>
  • To: avevalbook@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 18:02:37 -0800

Date sent:              Wed, 06 Oct 2010 08:37:46 -0400
From:                   Robert V <robert.s@xxxxxxxxx>

> - writers of chapters

Possible, but may become problematic without warning.  (I've already had one
debacle this year.)

> - peer reviewers of chapters
> - editors of chapters

Not sure what difference you see, but I can definitely review, generally within
week at most.

> 2.  We need a workable collaboration technology. Last time I looked at
> googledocs, it seemed rather clumsy and limited. Maybe it is better now.
> Suggestions?

We've been trying Google Docs with the local ISMS group, and it is a huge admin

I'd recommend email.  Based on text.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@xxxxxxxxx     slade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx     rslade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It was much better to imagine men in some smoky room somewhere,
made mad and cynical by privilege and power, plotting over the
brandy.  You had to cling to this sort of image, because if you
didn't then you might have to face the fact that bad things
happened because ordinary people, the kind who brushed the dog
and told their children bedtime stories, were capable of then
going out and doing terrible things to other ordinary people.
                                          - `Jingo,' Terry Pratchett
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://www.infosecbc.org/links http://twitter.com/rslade