<USS Avalon> Off-Shift and Waiting

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:44:01 EST

Off-Shift and  Waiting
by Phillipa Waterson

After providing the  Captain the list of three planets, based on gravity and
atmosphere make-up, that  the spider could have come from.  She saw that they
were en route to the  first of them.

Phillipa entered her  quarters and got a quick shower and change of clothes.

Would he really show  up.  "What would I do in his shoes, Phillipa", she
asked herself.

"I'd run for the hills",  came the mental response.

Grabbing a hot cocoa from  the replicator, she took a seat on the couch and
waited for John to show, if at  all.

She nodded off and  dreamed.  The dream had her in ship's quarters, but they
weren't the  quarters that she was in now, and of watching three children
running and playing  arund them.  She laughed at the sight of them being
terrors.

The dream continued and  she saw the children later on in life graduating
from Starfleet Academy.   The day was clear and calm, perfect weather.  The
boys
were very handsome  and the girl was beautiful.  The three seemed to stick
together in almost  everything.

Slowly she opened her  eyes, she was back waiting for John.  She checked the
clock, she had been  asleep for two hours.  Had she missed him when he rang
the chime?  Or  had he even come by at all.

Standing, she took her  glass of cold cocoa and returned to the replicator,
to get a new  one.