atw: 'Save As Picture' in Word 2010

  • From: Howard Silcock <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:23:16 +1100

Has anyone had a problem using the 'Save As Picture' command in Word 2010?

You right-click on a graphic in a document and select *Save As Picture*.
When it works, you see a dialog box and can save a copy of the graphic as
.jpg, .gif, .bmp or .png. This is very handy - you couldn't do it earlier
versions of Word. I have been doing it repeatedly in a document and
successively saved several graphics. And then suddenly the command just
stopped working! The command's still there in the right-click menu but no
longer launches any dialog box and appears to do nothing at all.

I tried restarting Word, and even rebooting the computer. But the problem
persists.
I'd love to hear from anyone who's had this experience - particularly if
they found a way round it.

Howard