atw: Re: versions

  • From: "HALL Bill" <Bill.HALL@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:54:35 +1100

Version usually refers to the formally released and published code.
Release date; Release a, b, c, etc. can be applied to the interim
versions.

Bill Hall
Documentation Systems Analyst
Head Office, Engineering
Tenix Defence
Nelson House Annex, Nelson Place
Williamstown, Vic. 3016
Australia
Tel: +61 3 9244 4820 (Direct)
Mailto:bill.hall@xxxxxxxxx

|=20
|=20
| I have been asked to come up with a new term for versions of programs.
| Usually, version refer to the programs in development, the=20
| March version,=20
| the June version and so on.   There is ONLY one current production=20
| version.
| One chap wants to refer to a set of programs that all run in=20
| production,=20
| but depend on some relevant date to select which version to run.  For=20
| example, if xxx date is before 01-01-2000 then use version A,=20
| otherwise=20
| use version B.
|=20
| Are there any terms for versions in this situation?
|=20
| I suggested he describe what he means in a leading paragraph.
| ___________
| Bob Trussler
| Technical Writer
|=20
|=20
| **********************************************************************
| Disclaimer:  This e-mail is intended for the use of the=20
| addressee and may contain information that is confidential,=20
| commercially valuable or subject to legal or parliamentary=20
| privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient you are=20
| notified that any review, re-transmission, disclosure, use or=20
| dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited by=20
| several Commonwealth Acts of Parliament.  If you have=20
| received this communication in error please notify the sender=20
| immediately and delete all copies of this transmission=20
| together with any attachments.
| Subject field.
|=20
| To search the austechwriter archives, go to=20
| www.freelists.org/archives/austechwriter
|=20