atw: Re: converting framemaker from Mac to windows

  • From: Neil Maloney <maloneyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:59:50 +1100

I'm not a Framemaker user so, apologies if this is not of any help, were the .eps files renamed within the book file?

At http://www.techknowledgecorp.com/help/mac2win.html :

"File names

The Macintosh does not require file extensions. In the strictest sense Windows does not either, but for the most part we'll agree that it does. When files without extensions are moved from Mac to Windows and you want to rename the files, you should rename them within the book file, as Frame will automatically update necessary references except those within certain types of markers."

Neil.

On 12/10/2010 1:41 PM, narunsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me.
I am moving my framemaker files over from Mac (FM6) to PC (FM9)
the FM document has hundreds of eps files imported into it.
The eps files from the mac did not have the .eps extension.
I have added the extension and they are all converted to Illustrator CS2 eps
files.
My problem is that when I open the FM file, it looks for files without the eps
extension, so all the files are missing.
I have been updating the FM file to find each eps file, but it is taking
forever.
Is there any way that I can tell framemaker to look for the file with the eps
extension?
This is probably a long shot, but I am running out of time and any help will be
appreciated.

Thanks
Jenny