atw: Re: Word 7 TOC

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.
My little project was urgent so I hacked my troublesome TOC. My client then coverted the document to PDF and sent it to his client last night.

I don't think the Jason tab is the issue because there's no extra tab; the TOC is ignoring the first tab. I have removed the TOC completely and rebuilt it several times, so I don't suspect spurious formatting in the TOC styles. There is no point in spending a lot of time on it because the project is over and the next one will be quite different.

I will check Neil's workaround with an extra tab, and I'll also maybe ditch the heading styles and rebuild them. It's just wierd that these are two almost identical documents of only about 20 pages each, and one TOC is perfect, while the other ignores the first tab.

Thanks, folks
Allan

austechwriter-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx