atw: Re: Word 7 TOC

  • From: Neil Maloney <maloneyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:59:08 +1000

Are we talking about this happening in a single document based on a template, or on all documents based on a template? I've never had this happen with "all documents" but occasionally the tabs break for me, in the TOC, in a single document. The workaround I use of adding an additional, similar-propertied (can I say "propertied"?) tab a short distance before the offending tab in the Style for that TOC entry within the document only – not within the template – makes it go away in that document and it never comes back. (... But it doesn't seem to work if the distance is too short and the tabs are too close together e.g. .01 cm ... )

Neil.

On 2/07/2010 12:42 PM, Elizabeth Fullerton wrote:
Selecting the whole TOC and clearing the para styles to their definition at
least starts you on a good footing to manage the Jason tab - even if that just
becomes another step in your publishing routine.