atw: Re: Word 7 TOC

  • From: "Rhonda Bracey" <rhonda.bracey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:16:42 +0800

I had a Word 2007 TOC do this again today so I Googled for Jason tab and
found a solution that seems to have fixed it permanently (except for a
really short word where I can't get the right tab leader to apply -- any
suggestions?). The solution is to select the entire TOC, toggle the
field code, and add the \w switch. Toggle the field code back again,
then update the TOC.

Worked for me!

There's more on this switch here:
http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TOCSwitches.htm

And specific stuff on the Jason tab (which I didn't need to use) here:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCJasonTabs.htm (please note: much
of this info is for much earlier versions of Word, so may or may not
work in Word 2007/2010)

Rhonda

Rhonda Bracey
rhonda.bracey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx