atw: Re: Word 7 TOC

I've had this occasional problem with Word 2003 and it has continued into 2007 for me. Don't know what causes it and don't know how to "fix" it so the TOC entry behaves properly, but I use a workaround of changing the affected TOC styles so they have an additional tab just before (e.g. 0.25 cm) the tabs that are not working properly, set up to be the same formatting (left aligned or right aligned with a dotted line, etc.) as the 'broken' tab and that works for me.

Neil.

On 2/07/2010 9:12 AM, Allan Charlton wrote:
Folks
I have two documents built on the same template, but one of the TOCs doesn't behave correctly.

There are two tabs for TOC 1 and two tabs for TOC 2. In one document the first tab of each TOC style doesn't display, in the other document it does display. I have been over and over the TOC setup, checking and re-checking each detail. I have removed and replaced the troublesome TOC many times. I have checked the heading styles and there are no differences.

It has me stumped. I've never seen a Word TOC misbehave before. Is this a new 'feature' in Word 7?

Allan