atw: Re: Which version of Office to use with WIndows XP

  • From: margp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:22:19 +1100 (EST)

LOL Michael.

The case is the sexiest thing about my new PC.

Its an Antec Sonata - in shiny
piano black, and purrs rather than chugs like the old one. I was going for
quiet rather than cool, but I think it will serve both purposes.

Here's the Antec marketing blurb which sold me:

"There's quiet. And then there's ultra-quiet. The kind of quiet that even
meditating monks would envy. We designed our Sonata case with that sort of
blissful silence in mind. And we'd like to celebrate the results.
(Quietly, of course.)
Independent laboratory testing proves that Sonata is three times quieter
than a comparable high-performance mid-tower case. How quiet? Just 20.4
dBA. Which means Sonata is literally quieter than a whisper. Just like we
promised.
Sonata. Quietly the best."

Mind you, they didn't mention the impact of the two evil blue LED's that
glare at you
from the front of it in the dark ...

Margaret