atw: Re: Welcome aboard, Rob : segued towards remote work...

  • From: "Terry Dowling" <Terrence.Dowling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 16:51:31 +0800

Hi Warren,

Yeah, sounds like your current journey might be a little too far to
cycle.

On the traffic lights... I've found the folk at the Main Roads Dept here
in WA are very receptive to hearing how the timing on their lights could
be improved. Indeed, most of their problems have been when they have
attempted to compensate for known roadworks, but their programmer got
confused with directions. I've often called to say one direction is
getting too long or too little green. They express thanks and the next
day the timing has changed. :)

Of course, if it's all about there being just too much traffic, not a
lot can be done.

Cheers,

Terry