atw: Re: Use of caps for titles etc

  • From: Warren Lewington <wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:49:49 +1000

I have a client who insists on any word hinting at a noun to be
capitalised. And I have another who really wants capitals only when
absolutely necessary.

Seems it can be pretty arbitrary.
Probably best to use the established in-house style guide, anecdotal
standard or if neither is available, try and write one...

The Australian Style Guide, and Chicago Manual of Style are good options
for guidance.

HTH.
Warren.