atw: Re: Translation into French

  • From: "Brian Clarke" <brianclarke01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:46:06 +1100

Ah Michael,
You mean that you wait around all day for the translator to turn up and
then get charged the hourly rate for a minute's work?

I wonder whether certification and accreditation are real substitutes for
actual competence. We in Australia seem to have gone overboard on
offering certificates for infinitesimal pieces of coursework, so much so,
that the worth of a certificate becomes trivialised.

Brian.
  <snip>
  > What is the reason for seeking someone accredited by NAATI?

  Same reason as choosing a licensed plumber.

  Michael Lewis