atw: Re: The user guide from hell

  • From: Michael Lewis <michael.lewis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 13:36:30 +1100

There's no denying that many "bad" user manuals are caused by poor product
design; some people seem to think that bad design can be fixed by good
documentation, whereas in fact bad design virtually guarantees bad
documentation. That said, good design certainly doesn't guarantee good
documentation . . .

Michael Lewis
Department of Linguistics
Macquarie University