atw: Re: The Educational Benefit of Ugly Fonts ...

  • From: Stuart Burnfield <slb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Allan Charlton <allancharlton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:32:15 +0800 (WST)

Thanks Neil, Allan and others. It's a good day when you learn a new word. I
thought it was some sort of compound typo and didn't think to look it up.

Does anyone have a comment on Neil's thought that easy-to-read fonts might make
for harder comprehension and retention? If this is true, does it follow that a
choppy, idiosyncratic writing style works better than something fluent and
understated?

I wouldn't have thought so, but what do you think?

Stuart