atw: Re: Statistics to demonstrate value ...

  • From: Suzy <SuzyDavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:53:35 -0500 (CDT)

I wholeheartedly agree with you Janice with regards to inhouse
technical documentation.

This is a Sales organisation and the technical documentation that
is produced is sent as part of a vendor solution.  It needs to be
of high quality.

I attended a proposal writing course last year and we were given
two sample proposals to evaluate - one a better solution but badly
formatted and structured.  The other was not half the product of
the other but because their document was formatted clearly, the
document structure was organised, it had an Index, it was easier
to mark it higher.

People who evaluate proposals are under just as much stress as
those who write them.  They often have little care factor on the
result - they are just doing the evaluation.

So even after we were told that Product A was better, and asked to
re-evaluate so that it did come out on top, it was really
difficult to do.

For a Sales organisation the technical documentation and proposals
we provide to our customers is a marketing exercise and it
reflects the quality of our services and products to our
customers.

regards Suzy