atw: Re: Statistics to demonstrate value ...

  • From: Ana Young <ana_young2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

> > It's actually not that difficult to demonstrate the
> value proposition of a good tech
> > writer / document designer / writer / whatever.
> It's quite a concern that some people
> > in the tech writing profession struggle to put
> together a solid business case in
> > support of their own contribution to the success of an
> organisation.

It is possibly even easier to demonstrate the value proposition of
testers/quality assurance people and those poor souls are right there with good
tech writers/trainers sharing the line to be the first to go out of the door
(not to mention marketing and HR). Managers do not "reorganise" based on proved
value-add, never had and (possibly) never will.

My 2 cents worth, from someone that, as a tech writer and trainer, was (one
again) one of the first to go... with three more people one of them a tester.

Ana