atw: Re: Saving files on a MAC 0S9 as a PDF

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:28:49 +1100

Dear Maureen P,

AFAIK, you can print to PDF from that application and the OS encourages
this but you cannot Save As... to that format, as it is something that is
produced from PostScript printer files not direct from the Quark XPress
files themselves.  One is a desktop publishing tool, the other (PDF) is
pretty much a display only (virtual paper) cross platform format.

PDF is both the abbreviation and the file extension for the Adobe Acrobat
Portable Document Format.

HTH.

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas

At 15:25 1/3/2005, you wrote:
>Hi there
>
>Does anyone know how to Save files on a MAC 0S9 as a PDF?
>
>I am creating work in Quark Xpress 9.0 and want to save them as PDFs.
>
>Is there any free software I can download?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Maureen

Michael E. Granat
Qualified Good Tech Writer Dude
Fellowship Of The Ring Of Tech Writers, Yeah Baby!
T/as Write Ideas
E-mail: mailto:writeideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: <http://home.pacific.net.au/~megranat/>
Without Prejudice.