atw: Re: Replacing Word (Long...)

  • From: Rhonda Bracey <rhonda.bracey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:58:43 +0800

Sorry for the confusion! I agree that Author-it is not a DITA authoring tool.

I was responding (too fast, obviously!) to the plea for a single-sourcing
authoring tool that can replace Word. DITA is one solution. Other solutions to
the nightmare of maintaining the same content in multiple documents is an
authoring tool designed for single sourcing that allows editing/writing in a
Word-like environment. Hence my immediate response of Author-it. Other
authoring tools do this too, but perhaps with not quite the same sophistication
or finesse.

Rhonda

Rhonda Bracey
rhonda.bracey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx