atw: Re: Problems with embedding files into Powerpoint and PDF files

  • From: Ilana Cohney <idcohney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:56:42 +1000

Thanks to those who offered help with my problem,

I understand now why my PDF links did not work. I actually needed to embed
the documents into the PDF document, not link them. I decided that the
easiest way would be to add the documents that I wanted to link to as
additional pages to the main document. This way my internal hyperlinks work
everytime. These files need to stand alone as they are being sent globally
and I cannot ensure that any linked attachments will remain together with
the main document.

Thanks every one for your help.
Any clues why is it possible to open an embedded object in Normal view in MS
Powerpoint, but not in Slideshow view? Hope this is not a standard MS
Powerpoint feature.

Ilana