atw: Re: Pages and frames

  • From: "Steve Hudson" <adslyy5g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:21:38 +1000

I use pages and panels. A page is the big thing, the panel is a section of
the page. Translates directly to windows and panels for more technical
audiences.

The Home page displays. The left-hand panel provides a site map for instant
navigation. Select a topic to display it in the right-hand panel.

  _____

From: John Dent

All

I am documenting a web portal that uses pages, tabs and frames and then uses
frames to display windows and pages.
How do we refer to pages and frames in user documentation?

MSTP is the only reference I have for standard terminology.
It recommends 'page' but this doesn't work well for me and I've used
'window' for 'page', though I'm not still happy with that.
MSTP also says to avoid 'frame' for end users, but doesn't offer an
alternative.

What do you think?

John Dent