atw: Re: [OT] Writing for multiple Englishes: was writing for Aus audience

  • From: "nigeldawes" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:00:03 +1000

>>Wow, so you Aussies have Christmas in June
....lol!

Considering US ignorance... I have a story about an American I met in a bar
once who swore that Americans had invented the boomerang and it was
impossible that simple, native Australians could have invented such a cool
tool. Hmmmm...??? Almost in the same breath, he tried to convince me that
ACDC was an American band. HA!!!

Nigel