atw: Re: Macquarie dictionary -- receival

  • From: Terry D <morgan4four@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ATW <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:27:25 +1100 (EST)

<Rhonda wrote:>
No - "receipt" and "receivable" but no "receival"
(Macquarie 3rd edition, p1777)
===
Thanks to Rhonda, Michael G and Warren L.

It's in a doc I'm updating. They include a 'Receival
Inspection' of the goods.

I did a google and found some 30k hits. Almost all of
the early hits are Australian and tend to deal with
grain and/or shipping. Maybe we Aussies have invented
a new word. And as I recall, the grain receival bins
were one of the biggest employers of vacation students
not so long ago so it's probably fairly well accepted
here.

I'll change the term so our OS clients can't criticise
our spelling.

Cheers,
Terry

http://au.movies.yahoo.com