atw: Re: Humbled

  • From: David Petersen <david.petersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 11:26:30 +1000

Maybe they've been eating humble pie (Kim Beazley's favourite meal).   ;-)

Kathy Bowman wrote:

Have you noticed that every sports star these days is 'humbled' when they achieve a milestone or receive an award? Has the meaning of this word changed? I'm not sure what they mean when they say it, and I suspect they don't know either. Hmmm, I hope this is not sour grapes because my team (Port Adelaide) did not make it to the finals this year!
cheers
Kath

--

David Petersen
Documentation Coordinator

Thales Australia
Thales Australia Centre
WTC Northbank Wharf
Concourse Level, Siddeley Street
Melbourne, VIC 3005
Australia
Tel: +61 3 8630 4593
david.petersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:david.petersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> | www.thalesgroup.com.au <http://www.thalesgroup.com.au>

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail transmission and any documents, files and previous e-mail messages attached to it are private and confidential. They may contain proprietary or copyright material or information that is subject to legal professional privilege. They are for the use of the intended recipient only. Any unauthorised viewing, use, disclosure, copying, alteration, storage or distribution of, or reliance on, this message is strictly prohibited. No part may be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written permission of the owner. If you have received this transmission in error, or are not an authorised recipient, please immediately notify the sender by return email, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system, and destroy any printed copies. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient should not be deemed a waiver of any privilege or protection. Thales Australia does not warrant or represent that this e-mail or any documents, files and previous e-mail messages attached are error or virus free.