atw: Re: How does one stop Word playing "Blankety Blanks"?

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:48:45 +1100 (EST)

Nice ideas Steve (H)

But the usual suspects (apart from dear old Word itself,
which is pleading insanity as we speak) are not the
culprits in this case.

Believe me, I have interrogated (sorry "interviewed" or
"debriefed" - Aussies don't "interrogate") them thoroughly.
The Format > Paragraph > Line and page breaks tab has been
scrutinized with an extreme scrute.

I even put a Hessian sack over my sleep-deprived monitor
and interviewed it within a pixel of its life, at gunpoint
but, alas, to no avail.

Will get in touch if I ever need to leave a page "almost
blank", ta.

But, once you place that "This page is intentionally left
blank" oxymoron on a page plus a header and footer on a
page well, surprise, surprise, it is no longer blank.

What we, as desktop publishers using word processors,
really need is reams of black paper to use with white laser
toner, so that we can actually print some pure blankness.

Then we could really leave a page intentionally blank.

This environmentally sensitive concept would also help
bring about the long awaited "Paperless Office", due to a
phenomenal increase that using such paper and toner would
have on the cost of office printing.

Cheers,

Micky G.

Michael E. Granat
Qualified Good Tech Writer Dude
Fellowship Of The Ring Of Tech Writers, Yeah Baby!
T/as Write Ideas
E-mail: mailto:writeideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: <http://home.pacific.net.au/~megranat/>
Without Prejudice.