atw: Re: How does List Number style restart after higher level in Report Template

  • From: "BIRTLEY-KENT,Christine" <Christine.BIRTLEY-KENT@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:02:34 +1000 (EST)

I once researched all this when I thought I had time to master it, and
found that Word has a truly remarkable process for storing bullets and
numbering styles.  After working out all the logic (and subsequently
entirely forgetting it) I decided it was getting close to being
impossible for mere mortals (my users).  I did however, get numbered
headings working consistently for the document I was developing that did
not have to be maintained by general users.

If you have the time, and get all the rules, and have a few days to
spare to play with it all, you should be able to fix it.  I think it was
someone on this list who gave me a link to a document that explained all
the rules.

Christine

Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files may
be confidential information, and may also be the subject of legal
professional privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient any use,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.