atw: Re: Helpsought: Tools for converting Word documents to HTML

  • From: Dora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:58:46 +1000

Hi Suzy,

What we already have sounds similar to what you are doing - a series of
Word macros that convert Word documents to HTML using structured templates
and styles. It works pretty well. It's just the occasional falling over
that's a problem!

Thanks for your help.

Dora

"Suzy Davis" <suzy.davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
29/06/2010 02:50 PM
Please respond to
austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
<Dora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
atw: Re: Helpsought: Tools for converting Word documents to HTML

Hi Dora

I am actually working on that very thing; and wondering to myself if
anyone might be in need of this tool.

Right now I am in final testing for Word to HTML tool to get my
instructions sheets into my website’s Knowledge Base.  I wanted to be able
have the instruction sheet in Word so that it would look good, and so the
corresponding web page maintained the same look.  The macro matches styles
in the Word document to your CSS and XHTML requirements, does the
conversion.

The Word documents need to be built from documents based on templates that
work with my system – if you have been using styles to create your
documents it might be possible to adapt.

But if you are looking at moving away from a Word tool, I can’t help you
there.

Regards Suzy

Suzy Davis
Microsoft Word Templates