atw: Re: Help! All text has...disappeared on Print.

  • From: "Kofler, Mark" <Mark.Kofler@xxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:32:25 +1000

Amanda,

Seems the document is corrupt.

Before you bury the document you could try:

*         Deleting all the images in the document. I found that corrupt
graphics can cause strange problems. Also try deleting tables. Earlier
versions of  Word did not handle large tables very well.

*         You could try to find the source of the corruption. Save pages
1 to 35 in one document, and pages 36 - 70 in another document. Print
both documents.  Does the problem occur in both documents? If only one,
then the source of your corruption is in that document. Split the
corrupt document again and print. Should take you only three of four
copies to narrow down the source of the corruption.

Mark Kofler
CA
Sr Technical Writer
Tel:        +1-610399446654
Mobile: +1-61401375219
Mark.Kofler@xxxxxx
<mailto:Mark.Kofler@xxxxxx>   <http://www.ca.com/>

Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 14:27:30 +1000
From: maloneyn@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If all of the text is in text boxes ' REM unlikely, but just in case it
is
    Then go into Printing options and turn on "Drawing objects"
End If

Neil.

On 1/06/2010 2:09 PM, Amanda Cat wrote:

Hey, gang,

I have a Word document (70 pages with images and using a standard
Word-generated style sheet).

When I print or PDF it (still a form of printing), the images display,
but there is NO TEXT.  The odd bullet and number from a list is also
displayed, but other than that, I get 70 pages of blank.

I have saved it as a DOC, DOCX, RTF... I have reattached the style
sheet. I have printed another document which uses the same style sheet -
that prints fine.

Is there some "Magic Printer Word Switch Thing(TM)"  I have tripped that
has disolved my text?

Help!!! The Programmer is getting impatient and wants his hard copy to
review and... I'm at a loss.

Many thanks in advance,

Amanda

GIF image