atw: Re: Haitch or Aitch?

  • From: Howard Silcock <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 13:04:36 +1100

I've been told that 'haitch' is mostly used by Australians who went to
Catholic schools. My wife went to an Australian non-Catholic school and was
explicitly warned *against* saying 'haitch'. My own experience may not be
relevant as I didn't go to school in Australia (though I *did* go to a
non-Catholic school and have always said 'aitch').

Does this really come down to religion?

Howard

--
*Not* sent from an iPhone or iPad