atw: Re: Goodbye technical writing ...

  • From: lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:03:52 +1000

Hi Geoff,

It's a notorious bug that has been in Word since I don't know when...

The solution is to create a new paragraph with the text and then restart the
numbering of that para - that is, place your cursor at the start of the
numbered sentence, press Enter (to  create the new para), restart as per either
of the ways you describe, and then delete the now empty recalcitrant para.
This should work.

The bug seems to occur most when you paste content and then apply numbered
styles... or when you copy numbered lists and move them around and want to
restart them.

HTH - Pete