atw: Re: FrameMaker - points by Peter & Bruce

  • From: "Peter G. Martin" <pmartin11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Craig Hadden <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:12:20 +1100

Craig Hadden:
On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:59:42 +1100,  you are alleged to have
written:
<snip>....

> Peter Martin
> suggested pressing F2, but F2 doesn't work in vanilla
> FrameMaker. So _if_ you use the keyboard (as PM
> suggested), you need to either customise FrameMaker or
> press 4 keys =96- Esc o c p.

Sorry, this looks like another furphy to me.
Not sure what this "vanilla FrameMaker" is.   If we're
talking Windows versions (what a sight a UNIX version of
Word would be!)  then my vanilla version 7.1 of Windows
Framemaker says in the help docs under Function keys that F2
gives you plain text...      I didn't have to customise it
as far as I know...   and it's still working ...   And
before you go Esc o c p  you could try a mouse click on
Default Paragraph font to get you the result you need, if
reaching for F2 is exhausting.  :-)

--Peter M